'Gunpowder Milkshake' Director Navot Papushado On Shooting Awesome Gunfights
New film Gunpowder Milkshake is a love letter to violence on screen, and the film’s director is here today to chat about the making of the movie!
In this episode, we talk about…
- How Navot Papushado got started and the combination of bravery and stupidity (his own words) that helped him get his first movie.
- Papushado’s influences and how they drive him creatively.
- Instances throughout film history where humor and action/violence go hand-in-hand, from Looney Tunes to Tarantino.
- Various factors that set Gunpowder Milkshake apart, including that it has a female-led cast!
- Papushado’s process for planning out fight sequences.
- Some of the gear that Papushado used to create Gunpowder Milkshake.
- How Papushado tries to watch a movie per day and write as much as he can to keep his skills sharp.
Links to Resources:
- Gunpowder Milkshake’s trailer
- Watch Gunpowder Milkshake on Netflix
- Please like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, and check us out on Instagram!
Ask us questions at firstname.lastname@example.org!
Please email us any questions at email@example.com!
Please subscribe and rate us on iTunes, or the podcasting app of your choice.
This episode of The No Film School Podcast was produced by George Edelman and Charles Haine.