How to Create Your Directing Opportunities with Liz Allen Rosenbaum
Purple Hearts director Elizabeth Allen Rosenbaum reflects on her journey from underexposed dailies in film school to directing a Netflix feature that has come under heavy fire for its content and political stance.
In this episode, we talk about…
- The necessity of being a student of film in every way possible
- Creating a sense of scarcity and leveraging lunchtime screenings
- Befriending TA gatekeepers and finding a new writing partner
- How saying what you want can lead to work like Purple Hearts
- Managing the delicate balance of trusting your audience vs. being heavy-handed
- Threading the needle of fantasy while telling the story you want to tell
- The challenge of ensuring all characters’ perspectives are valid and balanced
Subscribe to the No Film School Podcast on:
Get your question answered on the podcast by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Listen to more episodes of the No Film School podcast right here:
This episode of The No Film School Podcast was produced by George Edelman.