'The Redeem Team' Director Jon Weinbach Teaches Us How to Sell the Stories We Love
Have you ever wondered how you can make your niche documentary appealing to a wider audience? Jon Weinbach, a sports documentary filmmaker, shares his techniques on how to do that very thing.
And in more exciting news... our podcast is also up on YouTube! Be sure to subscribe there where you can listen (and watch!)
In this episode, we talk about…
- What influenced Weinbach to pursue documentary filmmaking
- His background as a journalist for the Wall Street Journal
- Weinbach’s journey with sports docs such as 30 for 30 and The Last Dance
- The Redeem Team, a film about the 2008 U.S. Olympic men's basketball team
- Developing a deeper narrative to the basketball film
- Interview techniques—be authentic and ask new questions
- Pitching the documentary to the Netflix executives
Subscribe to the No Film School Podcast on:
Get your question answered on the podcast by emailing email@example.com.
Listen to more episodes of the No Film School podcast right here:
This episode of The No Film School Podcast was produced by George Edelman.