Who doesn't need a 33-megapixel full-frame image sensor and outstanding photo and video operability?
Early this morning, Sony announced three new additions to its imaging line-up: the Alpha 7 IV interchangeable-lens camera (model ILCE-7M4) with a newly developed 33-megapixel full-frame image sensor, as well as two new flashes—the HVL-F60RM2 and HVL-F46RM.
That's a pretty hefty load to be carrying for this camera, but the company stresses this lightweight compact camera is there just to improve the "basics" of what's on the market.
It features the latest BIONZ XR™ processing engine and advanced autofocus capabilities from the flagship Alpha 1 combined with streamlined operability and enhanced reliability for photos and movies. The Alpha 7 IV also boasts a 33MP image resolution.
“Since its introduction over three years ago, the Alpha 7 III has made tremendous impact in our industry, completely redefining the expectations for what can be accomplished with a ‘basic,’ or entry-level full-frame camera,” said Yang Cheng, Vice President, Imaging Solutions, Sony Electronics Inc. “Now, it’s time to break through all existing boundaries again. The Alpha 7 IV brings together the best of Sony imaging technologies in both photo and video to deliver a high-end experience to a wider range of customers. This gives today’s creators a new level of freedom to capture, create and share in ways that they’ve never been able to before, no matter the situation in which they find themselves.”
Check out a new short from Sony, Trappers Of Time, which was shot on the new Sony Alpha 7 IV.
- 33MP1 full-frame Exmor R™ back-illuminated CMOS sensor
- 8x more powerful3, next generation BIONZ XR™ image processing engine
- Up to 4K 60p11 10-bit 4:2:2 w/full pixel readout in all rec. formats
- 7K oversampling full-frame 4K11 30p 10-bit 4:2:2 w/ no pixel binning
- Real-time Eye-AF for humans, animals, birds10 for photo and movie
- S-Cinetone, S-Log3, HLG and 10 Creative Look presets in-camera
- Advanced movie features; Focus Map16, Breathing Comp14., AF Assist17
- UVC/UAC live streaming up to 4K 15p/1080 60p w/ internal recording
- Low noise images w/ ISO up to 204800 and 15+stop dynamic range3
- 5-axis in-body image stabilization and Active Mode18 for handheld movie
Pricing and Availability
The new Alpha 7 IV will be available in December 2021 for approximately $2,500 ($3,200.00 CAD). It will be sold at a variety of Sony’s authorized dealers throughout North America. The PCK-LG2 Screen Protect Glass Sheet accessory for the Alpha 7 IV will be available at the same time.
A kit version with Sony’s FE 28-70mm F3.5-5.6 OSS zoom lens will also be available for approximately $2,700.00 ($3,400.00 CAD).
The new HVL-F46RM will be available in November 2021 for approximately $400 ($550.00 CAD).
The new HVL-F60RM2 will be available in November 2021 for approximately $550 ($750.00 CAD).
Exclusive stories and exciting new content shot with the new Alpha 7 IV and Sony's other imaging products can be found at alphauniverse.com.