Sundance 2020: Everything We've Covered at This Year's Festival (So Far)
All of our Sundance 2020 coverage in one place!
No Film School has been on the ground at this year's Sundance Film Festival, where some of the most exciting films in independent cinema have been capturing the hearts and minds of moviegoers.
Couldn't make it to Park City? Don't worry, we've got you covered.
We'll be updating this list with our latest posts, podcasts, exclusive interviews, gear news, filmmaker advice, and more from the festival, so be sure to check back later for more coverage.
- Amazing Helicopter Footage Tells the Story of Los Angeles
- The Genius Color Filtration and Lighting Hacks of Sundance Breakout 'The 40-Year-Old Version'
- How Can You Get Kickstarter To Help Your Kickstarter Project?
- The Sundance Diaries: This First-Time Filmmaker Cold-Emailed Darren Aronofsky to Produce His Premiere
- Make a Movie For Yourself Because It Just Might Work
- How a Pair of First-Timers Captured the Trauma Behind the Scenes of 'Ren & Stimpy'
- 'Chemo Brain': The Sundance Series Shot in 8 Days in Alternative Film School
- How 'Palm Springs' Broke the Record for Biggest Sundance Deal Ever... By 69 Cents
- 'Beast Beast' Filmmaker Danny Madden Brings Family-Style Filmmaking to Park City
- William Friedkin Gets the Hitchcock/Truffaut Treatment in 'Leap of Faith'
- Telling Stories Truthfully with 'Dream Horse'
- Your Chance To Get into the Sundance Community Starts Today
- How to Become the Filmmaker Who Tells the Big Stories
- The Haunting Unspoken Drama of Sundance-Winning 'Never Rarely Sometimes Always'
- This First-Time Director Shot and Edited Rehearsals (and It Paid Off Big Time)
- How to Make the Jump from Lighting Tech to Sundance Director
- 'Summertime' Filmmaker on How Music Videos Make You a Better Visual Director
- How Sundance-Winning ‘Crip Camp’ Got the Attention of the Obamas and Netflix
- The Thrills, Nightmares, and Dreams Come True of Having a Feature at Sundance
- Sean Durkin, the Indie Master of Tension, on 'The Nest' and the Worst Advice He Got in Film School
- How the 'Downhill' Team Gave This Swedish Hit Some 'Good Ol’ American Elbow Grease'
- What We Learned, Enjoyed, and Endured at Sundance 2020
- What is the Future of Interactive Storytelling?
- What's Hot, Exciting, and New on the First Day of Sundance 2020
- Attention Creators: This Might Be Your Best Way Into Sundance
- 15 Filmmakers, 1 Boat: How 'OMNIBOAT' Became the First Film To Be Based on a PDF
Panels, Talks, & Superposts
- 82 Sundance Filmmakers Share Their Advice for Succeeding in Cinema
- You're 10x More Likely to Get Into Sundance with a Feature Than a Short
- A Cut Above: The Editing Tools Behind the Films at Sundance
- Sundance Filmmakers Reveal How They Overcame Obstacles
- Which Cameras and Lenses Were Used on the Films of Sundance 2020 (and Why)?
- Sundance Producers to Screenwriters: ‘We Don’t Care If You’re a Nobody’
- Why Julie Taymor Couldn’t Get $$$ from Hollywood, and What She Did Instead
- Does Making Docs Help You to Make Better Narratives?
- 5 Completely Different Approaches You Can Take to Make Your First Feature
News & Analysis
- Cinematographer Sean Price Williams on Illuminating the Award-Winning Sundance Film 'Tesla'
- Sundance Innovations: Extended Reality Takes A Leap Forward
- Our 13 Most-Anticipated Sundance Premieres
- Sundance 2020 Lineup Features Many Past Festival Breakout Directors
- Sundance's Record-Breaking Deals Are a Cease-Fire in the Streaming Wars
- 4 Things Your Movie Needs If You Want It at Sundance