Sophie Hyde, director of the movie Good Luck to You, Leo Grande, talks about her career, filmmaking, and how good performances can impact the success and lifespan of a movie.
Good Luck to You Leo Grande is an actor-dominant movie, with most of its scenes focusing on two characters. It is available to stream on Hulu.
In this episode, we talk about…
- What inspired Hyde to start a career in filmmaking
- About the documentaries she has made so far
- Hyde’s experience working in the Australian film industry and the international film industry
- The idea behind the movie 52 Tuesdays and how it came to be
- The challenges of directing actors
- Making a film with a low budget
- Sophie’s approach for making Good Luck to You, Leo Grande
- Sophie’s views on the visual style of Good Luck to You, Leo Grande
- Encouragement for filmmakers to get through the noise when they have something they want to say
Subscribe to the No Film School Podcast on:
Get your question answered on the podcast by emailing email@example.com.