How Has VFX Photography Evolved, and Where Is It Going?
Guest David Stump has worked on some of the biggest visual effects movies as well as being at the forefront of the shift to the digital medium, helping to develop tech being used by filmmakers today.
Jun 29, 2021
In this episode, we talk about…
- How Stump got his career started, what made him want to get into visual effects, and how he made his break into that arena.
- What the world of visual effects was like in Stump’s earlier career, which was completely different than how it’s done today.
- Examples of the completely analog methods of creating visual effects before CGI.
- How visual effects changed when digital imaging technology came onto the scene, when Stump first started working with them, and how Stump began incorporating the new technology.
- Why David first started using Blackmagic and what tools he likes to use now.
- What David sees as the next visual effects technological needs that he’d like to see on the market soon.
Links to Resources:
- Blackmagic Week—learn more here!
- Please like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, and check us out on Instagram!
Ask us questions at email@example.com!
Please subscribe and rate us on iTunes, or the podcasting app of your choice.
This episode of The No Film School Podcast was produced by George Edelman.
no film school podcastpodcastblackmagic week camera through postblackmagic weekCinematogprahyvfxvisual effects artist