When Is the Right Time to Take Big Career Swings?
When thinking of making a big career swing, we have all asked ourselves the question, “What’s the right move here?” So... what's the correct answer?
In this episode, we talk about…
- Changes happening at Warner Bros. and how its branding approach seems like a bad idea
- Should filmmakers put themselves in a box by self-identifying as a certain “brand” of creator?
- Making project decisions based on cash flow or based on ambition
- Incrementalism and how any progress toward the larger goal is good
- Realizing there are large factors outside of our control
- Not expecting a specific outcome when deciding to take the big career swing
- Aiming back at the center of the target every time you get pushed off course
- How the editing process is just like cooking
Subscribe to the No Film School Podcast on:
Get your question answered on the podcast by emailing email@example.com.
Listen to more episodes of the No Film School podcast right here:
This episode of The No Film School Podcast was produced by George Edelman.