How This Writing Team Got Their First Feature (With a Little Help from This Podcast!)
The Aviary writers Jennifer Raite and Chris Cullari explain how a prior interview from the No Film School Podcast helped them connect with their lead actress.
Also, how to create an egoless partnership that producers want to work with…
In this episode, we talk about…
- Producing a film during COVID with a little less than 14 days to shoot
- Fielding a cast who’s down for the film’s size, location, and shooting schedule
- What it’s like working with actors who help move production forward easily
- Writing a script that’s achievable even with significant limitations
- Creating a horror film focused on new information vs. new kills
- The power of collaboration and advice for putting ego aside
- Studying other films and directors like studying game footage for athletes
- Suggestions for getting your first feature made and the value of establishing relationships within the industry
- Learning when, where, and how to put your foot down and push back for the story
Subscribe to the No Film School Podcast on:
Get your question answered on the podcast by emailing email@example.com.
Listen to more episodes of the No Film School podcast right here:
This episode of The No Film School Podcast was produced by George Edelman.