In an Instagram post, Z CAM made users aware of a significant firmware update that impacts the entire E2 camera series that includes the E2, E2-S6, E2-M4, E2-S6G, E2C, E2-F6, E2G, and flagship E2-F8.
- All resolution and frame rate combinations now support ProRes 422 recording (except C8K 2.4:1)
- ProRes proxy records in separate files
- Preview and in-camera playback with 3D LUT banding issue fixed
- External SSD recording through USB performance improved
- Added 5K 60fps recording on E2-F6
- UVC (USB camera) bug fixes
- Other bug fixes
Having ProRes 422 across all resolutions and frame rates is a big addition for Z CAM shooters, as it will help to speed up workflows in post.
Another nice update is that ProRes proxies are now recorded as separate files. Plus, for E2-F6 users, 5K 60p has been added to your arsenal. You can use the extra resolution to punch in on shots or oversample for a 4K delivery.
You can download the latest firmware via the Z CAM support page.