How to Upgrade a Hackintosh to Mac OS X Lion (Apparently)
Because it doesn’t necessarily make sense for filmmakers to upgrade to OS X Lion just yet, I haven’t done any testing of this myself. But if anyone running a hackintosh is itching to get their hands on OS X Lion, by partitioning your disk and following these instructions, you should be able to transition to Apple’s latest. If and when you do, please report back with your results. Here’s how:
- Download OS X Lion from the Mac App Store
- Head over to tonymacx86 and follow their instructions for using xMove (pictured below)
As I said, I haven’t done it (thus the “apparently” in the title), but thanks to the hackintoshing experts at tonymac, there’s already a clear set of instructions out there. Anyone have results to report?
- Update: How to Build a Hackintosh with the Latest Intel Sandy Bridge Processors
- Apple Releases Mac OS X Lion and New Thunderbolt-equipped MacBook Airs
- What Filmmakers Should Know About Upgrading to Mac OS X Lion