Win a $10,000 Film Grant in 'The Cabin in the Woods' Spoof Horror Film Competition
It’s that time of year when people are thinking up costume ideas, picking out pumpkins for carving, making party plans, and if you’re a filmmaker with a penchant for horror, you’re probably also thinking about making a film. And really there’s no better time to do it. Vimeo and Lionsgate are putting on The Cabin in the Woods Spoof Horror Film Competition which is offering a $10,000 Grand Prize to the best satirical or comedic horror short.
If you haven’t seen The Cabin in the Woods yet, the trailer can give you some idea of what they’re basing the contest on:
- You must be over 18 years of age to enter this competition.
- Your script should not exceed ten minutes in length.
- We will only accept videos uploaded to Vimeo.
- Entries must be submitted by midnight on October 23rd 2012.
- The judges’ decision is final.
- Contest open to US residents only.
Here are some more details on the prizes:
Grand Prize Winner
One (1) winner of a Grand Prize will receive Ten Thousand Dollars ($10,000 USD) to create a longer film based on his or her Submission. The Grand Prize will be paid in two (2) installments, at a time chosen by Vimeo and Sponsor, within three (3) months of the close of the Contest. The winning prize money will be deposited into a bank account specified by the Grand Prize winner. The total approximate retail value (“ARV”) of the Grand Prize is $10,000.
First Prize Winners
Each First Prize consists of one (1) copy of “The Cabin in the Woods” DVD. The First Prize winners will receive these within three (3) months of the close of the Contest and the DVDs will be sent to addresses provided at the time of entry. The ARV of each First Prize is $18.
Also as you might expect, along with the $10,000 cash prize, the winning film will also be featured on Vimeo. So mix up some corn syrup blood, get out the liquid latex and spirit gum, and go make something hilariously horrific!
- Driven Creativity Competition USA: Offering a Grand Prize of $5,000 and an 8TB Thunderbolt Hard Drive
- Openfilm's Get It Made Competition Features $50k in Cash and $450k in Financing, Ends December 31
- Discount (Free if you Hurry!) Entries to the 48 Hour Guerilla Film Competition