Canon Re-Releases 80,000 ISO Firmware for EF & PL C300 Cameras
Canon released a pretty hefty update for the C100 and C300 about two weeks ago, which included expanded ISO options all the way up to 80,000, as well as interface and button changes. Shortly after releasing the update for the C300, Canon pulled the download because of an issue with color balance after installing. They have now re-released that firmware with a fix for color balance on both the EF and PL C300 cameras:
Please note that we suspended download services for Firmware Version 184.108.40.206.00 that was posted Tuesday November 12, 2013 due to a discrepancy in color balance. We would like to apologize for the inconvenience. Firmware Version 220.127.116.11.00 corrects this color balance discrepancy. Any cameras that are running firmware version 18.104.22.168.00 should be updated to firmware version 22.214.171.124.00.
If you're wondering what the higher ISO settings look like on the C300:
And here's a great test on the C100 of the new ISO settings:
If you missed it, this is what’s new in the C300:
EOS C300 Cinema EOS Camera & EOS C300 PL Cinema EOS Camera
1. Ability to move the magnification viewing area around the LCD using the MAGN Function.
2. Support for a 1440×1080/35Mbps recording mode.
3. ISO up to 80,000 has been added.
4. Added functionality to support the optional Canon GPS Receiver GP-E1.
5. A Key Lock menu setting has been added which now makes it possible to lock all operations, including the START/STOP button.
6. Using the optional Canon WFT-E6 Wireless File Transmitter, the camera’s remote-control application allows two users to access the same unit via a Wi-Fi® link providing simultaneous camera operation and control and metadata input simultaneously.
7. [Lens Exchange] and [ND+/ND-] have been added as functions that can be allocated to any assignable button.
8. A new Wide DR gamma setting provides an expanded dynamic range of 800%.
9. Flicker Reduction has been improved.
EOS C300 Cinema EOS Camera only
10. Provides Push Auto Iris and One-Shot AF operation.
11. A new AE Shift function and the selection of various light-metering modes are now available when used with some Canon Cinema lenses (EF mount) and Canon EF Lenses.
12. Ability to assign the two control dials to operate either Iris or ISO sensitivity independently.
13. Peripheral Illumination Correction Data has been added for seven (7) Canon Cinema lenses (EF mount) and fifteen (15) Canon EF Lenses.
14. A function has been added to enable continuous focus and iris setting on a subject in the middle of the screen when one of the two EF STM lenses** is attached.
**[EF-S18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM], [EF-S18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM].
Apparently it was impossible to downgrade the firmware for the C300 if you'd already updated the camera, and it would have had to be sent in to camera to roll back the update. Now with the new firmware the issues should be solved, so if you've got a C300, head on over to the Canon site and grab version 126.96.36.199.00.
[via Canon Rumors]