July 4, 2013

4th of July Sale on the Wide Open Camera GoPro HERO3 Combat Cage & Adjustable Lens Gears

If you live in the US there's a good chance you're celebrating the birth of the nation with cookouts and fireworks, so why not invest in some American-made gear while you're at it? Back in March we shared with you the Kickstarter for the GoPro HERO3 Combat Cage from Wide Open Camera, and Jared and the team were ultimately successful getting the project funded. Now that it's in its production run, the guys over at WOC are having a 4th of July sale for the Combat Cage as well as for their adjustable lens gears.

WOC-4th-products

If you've never heard of it, here's Jared to explain with the prototype, along with another video showing the quality of the anodizing:

It should be noted that the Half Inch Rails lens gears are also sold through Wide Open Camera, but those are not on sale, just the WOC adjustable gears are. I've used these before, and I've been pretty happy with them, but if you own either the cage or the lens gears, feel free to share your thoughts below. Either click on the photo or the link below to get more information on both and check out the sale.

Link: 4th of July Sale -- Wide Open Camera

why dont hit it with gorpo inside the cage :(

July 4, 2013 at 3:47AM, Edited September 4, 11:21AM

Gordon

This is a great deal! Is it available in the UK??

July 4, 2013 at 7:18AM, Edited September 4, 11:21AM

Tom

Mmmm are you f******** kiding me? why dont hit it with gorpo inside the cage. I could hit my plastic gloves with a hummer if I dont put my hand inside them.

July 4, 2013 at 7:34AM, Edited September 4, 11:21AM

Nelson

The cage is less for protection and more of strong additional mounting points. The test was really to show the anodizing, that it won't just rub off immediately, and will take a beating.

July 4, 2013 at 7:44AM, Edited September 4, 11:21AM

Joe Marine
Camera Department

I supported it on Kickstarter, and paid $135. I was a little annoyed to see it on sale so fast at $99.

July 5, 2013 at 10:05AM, Edited September 4, 11:21AM

Kurt

After the hammering he was pretty careful not to actually show the side that he was hitting, but there is a moment where you can still the marks.

I couldn't care less about the anodising but its not cool to bag your competition and then not show the side he was hitting.

As for a device? Just use the tripod mount and an L bracket and you can mount it any way you want.

July 6, 2013 at 3:19AM, Edited September 4, 11:21AM