Earlier in the month, Red Giant software introduced Universe, a new plugin platform that is also its own community. The biggest thing about Universe is that it is free to sign up, so you can get an idea of what it's all about before committing any hard-earned cash. Now Red Giant is back with some updates to some of their most popular software, including PluralEyes, which is now integrated with BulletProof, and a new version of Magic Bullet Looks, which is now GPU accelerated and completely rebuilt on the Universe platform.
If you missed out on Red Giant Universe, here's a quick intro:
Video is no longer available: vimeo.com/87001310
Here's what's new in PluralEyes, which also includes better support for AVCHD cameras and spanned clips:
In another industry first, to achieve the best accuracy, PluralEyes 3.5 now includes the unique ability to correct sync drift where the audio and video begin to lose sync over time on longer clips. This allows it to achieve frame-accurate syncs even for audio recorders that don't have that level of accuracy themselves.
Also new in PluralEyes 3.5 is an integration with BulletProof, Red Giant’s footage backup and preparation tool. When you are ready to begin syncing your files, BulletProof sends the imported footage over to PluralEyes in an organized way, allowing you to sync your footage immediately.
And what's new in Magic Bullet Looks, which is now on the same platform as the rest of the Red Giant Universe plugins:
- Speed increases of up to 95% on Windows® and more than 25% on Mac®.
- Improved Looks Previewing: allows users to hover over Looks to preview the results.
- Strength Slider: control the overall strength of your entire Look with an easy-to-use, key-framable slider.
- LUT Tool: allows users to import .cube LUTs as well as 12 new LUT presets.
- S-Curve Tool: makes it easy to add contrast without losing detail.
- Better Custom Looks Management: makes it easier to share your Looks with other editors.
PluralEyes 3.5 is going to be released in the second quarter of this year for $200, with an $80 upgrade for existing PluralEyes users. If you buy the full version from today forward, you'll be eligible for a free upgrade to 3.5 when it is released. Magic Bullet Looks 2.5 is also coming in the second quarter, and will be a free upgrade to owners of Looks 2.