April 9, 2014

Benro Introduces Two New Tripods, the 17lb Capacity S8 & Reverse-Folding Travel Tripod

Can the world ever have enough tripod options? Zacuto doesn't think so and neither does Benro, who have just developed two new tripods for medium and lightweight camera packages. We stopped by the Benro booth at NAB to check out these new offerings, so if you're in the market for a new three-legged friend then hit the jump to watch the video:

I like the design of the reverse folding tripod, it looks extremely portable and quick to deploy. What do you think? Share in the comments below and stay tuned to our NAB master post for all the latest announcements from the Vegas floor.

...

NFS's coverage of NAB 2014 is brought to you by My RØDE Reel and Limelite. Subscribe to the No Film School YouTube channel for the latest video updates direct from NAB, as well as filmmaker interviews, tutorials, and behind-the-scenes features.

Benro might as well be selling me a sumo wrestler, because that's all I can see in this video ;)

April 9, 2014 at 2:30PM, Edited September 4, 11:56AM

Herb

lol

April 9, 2014 at 2:35PM, Edited September 4, 11:56AM

alex mand

So I watched the video twice then read the comments and then I noticed the sumo

April 9, 2014 at 3:53PM, Edited September 4, 11:56AM

I took a picture with that guy. He's super nice and seems slightly afraid of everyone.

April 10, 2014 at 11:09AM, Edited September 4, 11:56AM

Josh

I'm sorry, the tripod heads are great and all but why the hell is there a big, fat man with a diaper in the background!?

April 9, 2014 at 3:11PM, Edited September 4, 11:56AM

Nickthecameraguy

It's part of the branding from http://www.tenba.com/ which you will notice if you go to their website, their stand is also in the background in the video in the article.

April 9, 2014 at 8:30PM, Edited September 4, 11:56AM

Jon

I bought an S8 kit about a month ago and am very pleased with the build, weight, and flexibility. I got the carbon fiber and it's super strong yet light. I'm using it with a Sony EX-1 with lots of extras and it's the perfect size. Reminds me of my old Gitzo which I still have, but is too heavy. As for the Sumo wrestler, they're running a show special that includes a free Sumo for the week to carry your gear around. Gotta love the Chinese.

April 9, 2014 at 3:29PM, Edited September 4, 11:56AM

ronn

didn't happen to mention by any chance the max weight that little travel Tripod can handle did he? Kind of a big detail.

April 9, 2014 at 5:53PM, Edited September 4, 11:56AM

Brenton

How are the tilt and pan drags on there? They seem like they are smooth in the video, but my experiences with the floor demo models at my local shop for the S2 and S4 we're not so good. Oh and Sumo is a Japanese sport, not Chinese FYI.

April 9, 2014 at 6:05PM, Edited September 4, 11:56AM

UdonRob

They sell the Benro video heads here in Japan, but the floor model they have at my local shop is all banged up and doesn't work. They seem affordable with decent quality, but do they hold up under heavy use? Would it be better to spend a little more for a Manfrotto?

April 9, 2014 at 6:00PM, Edited September 4, 11:56AM

UdonRob

As a Benro S6, I have only one thing to say - save some money and buy a real tripod system!

April 10, 2014 at 2:45AM, Edited September 4, 11:56AM

Stefan

Great ideas, but why can't the cameraman who filmed this just stand still? Does he really have to move side to side all the time? It is really distracting. Show the man, show the product. This isn't showreel material.

April 11, 2014 at 4:16AM, Edited September 4, 11:56AM