There have been lots of new cameras at this year's NAB, but one that a lot of us have been curious about is the next iteration from Panasonic's GH line of mirrorless cameras. With internal 4K recording and an optional interface unit that adds SDI-Out for sending higher bit-rate 4K to an external recorder, the Panasonic GH4 is here. Hit the jump to watch our interview with Panasonic from the floor of NAB 2014:
And some newer videos shot with the camera:
Specs at a glance:
- 16.05 MP Digital Live MOS Sensor
- DCI 4K 4096x2160 at 24p
- UHD 4K 3840x2160 at 30p/24p
- Full HD up to 60p
- 3.0" 1,036k-Dot OLED Monitor
- 2,359K-Dot OLED Live View Finder
- Support for 59.94p, 23.98p, 50p, & 24p
- 4K or 1080p 10-Bit 4:2:2 HDMI Output (on both camera and YAGH), 8-bit 4:2:0 internally
- High-Speed 49-Point Autofocus
- Magnesium Alloy, Weather-Sealed Body
Let's talk about the GH4 in the comments below.
NFS's coverage of NAB 2014 is brought to you by My RØDE Reel and Limelite. Subscribe to the No Film School YouTube channel for the latest video updates direct from NAB, as well as filmmaker interviews, tutorials, and behind-the-scenes features.