April 9, 2014

Wooden Camera's New C-Box, Versatile Lens Supports and Blackmagic 4K Lens Mount Mod

Wooden Camera makes quality accessories that are designed to supplement and improve every type of rig imaginable. This year at NAB they are showing a new C-box, new lens supports for both studio lenses and still lenses, and a new lens mount system for the Blackmagic 4K production camera. Hit the jump to watch our interview with Wooden Camera on the NAB floor:

Let us know what you think of Wooden Camera and their new products from this year's show, and make sure to check out our NAB master post for all the recent announcements.

Links:

... NFS's coverage of NAB 2014 is brought to you by My RØDE Reel and Limelite. Subscribe to the No Film School YouTube channel for the latest video updates direct from NAB, as well as filmmaker interviews, tutorials, and behind-the-scenes features.

Wonder if they'd do the mount conversion for the 2.5K. It's the same body....

April 9, 2014 at 9:03PM, Edited September 4, 11:56AM

Kevin Marshall

Possibly a sensor size issue with FF lenses on a MFT mount.

April 9, 2014 at 9:12PM, Edited September 4, 11:56AM

Never mind, I'm an idiot...vice versa wouldn't work

April 9, 2014 at 9:12PM, Edited September 4, 11:56AM

Any comment on price for the mod on the 4k camera?

April 9, 2014 at 10:19PM, Edited September 4, 11:56AM

Nick

Just a very stupid question! How does all these updates that everyone is eager to make Make your film or script better?

April 10, 2014 at 12:52PM, Edited September 4, 11:56AM

Bona

Shooting on PL mount helps 1st ACs keep things in focus, every time repeatable marks=a faster moving set, saving time and money.
Lens support prevents damage to very expensive PL mount lenses you can now use because of the mount mod.
The top mount allows for more ways to configure cameras for different set ups and shots, potentially saving time and again time is money.
the C box allows for multiple monitor paths which opens up a lot of possibilities, being able to monitor a camera that is up on a crane, or on a fast moving steadicam etc.

All these things in the right hands can help keep a set moving along smoother, which in turn means a better translation from script to screen, thus making a better film.

April 10, 2014 at 4:52PM, Edited September 4, 11:56AM

carlos

I second what Carlos says. In a post about a company that makes gear (really good and amazingly affordable gear), I would consider talk about script or directing completely irrelevant. I aspire to direct, and I care about story...but I make my living shooting stuff (DPing when I'm lucky, but mostly steadicam and regular operating) and WC is a company that caters to many of my needs. Instead of rhetoric, why don't you write comments or start a dialog about story or other things in the appropriate places?

April 19, 2014 at 1:33AM, Edited September 4, 11:56AM

Daniel Mimura

I wish they can make one for the black Magic Cinema Camera 2.5k so we can mount canon EF

April 11, 2014 at 5:19AM, Edited September 4, 11:56AM

Bravo for Interchangeable Mount System! I got set of Baltar lenses with the mount adapter to RED camera.
I would like to send Black Magic 4K camera for this modification. Need more specific info. Thank you.
TC