New Magic Bullet Suite 12 Features Film Stock Emulation and Real-Time Playback
Red Giant Software today released Magic Bullet Suite 12, the latest version of its popular post-production plugin suite.
Personally I'm a big Colorista fan, which is a deceptively simple plugin — at first glance it seems like a glorified three-way color corrector (something that's built-in for many NLEs), but it offers much more advanced features like a keyer (to restrict corrections to certain colors), HSL wheels, and secondary corrections. The new version is also GPU-powered for better playback performance. Looks is good for when you want a really strong over-the-top look (don't overdo it, though!), and Film is a new tool from Red Giant that joins others in offering film stock emulation. The suite also includes new versions of Cosmo and Mojo (which are fast-and-dirty skin-smoothing and grading tools, respectively), and includes the current versions of Denoiser (self-explanatory!) and LUT Buddy (a tool for creating and exporting Look Up Tables). Here's a quick look:
No Red Giant launch would be complete without an entertaining launch film, and this iteration brings in none other than No Film School favorite Patton Oswalt as narrator:
Here's the behind-the-scenes of how they made it, with Aharon Rabinowitz and director Seth Worley. There are a lot more VFX than you'd think!
Magic Bullet Suite 12 includes 7 tools:
- Magic Bullet Looks 3.0 (NEW)
- Magic Bullet Colorista III (NEW)
- Magic Bullet Film (NEW)
- Magic Bullet Mojo 2.0 (NEW)
- Magic Bullet Cosmo 2.0 (NEW)
- Denoiser II
- LUT Buddy
- Full: $799
- Upgrade: (from previous versions of Color Suite/Magic Bullet Suite) $199
- Academic: $399
- Host-App: All of the tools work in Adobe Premiere Pro, After Effects and more – but it varies by host application.
- OS: All tools work on both Windows and Mac.
- Check the individual product pages for specific host-app and OS compatibility.