Of the two major video hosting sites, Vimeo seems to win out over YouTube as the "filmmaker friendly" one -- did you know that "Vimeo" is an anagram for "movie"? (Are you a touch mind-blown?) But there's more that makes the site a great option for indies other than cinema-related word play.
DISCLOSURE: This is a sponsored post by Vimeo.
If you don't have a lot of content to upload and don't mind waiting in line to get it online, a Basic Vimeo membership is a good fit. However, if time, customization, advanced stats and upload limits are what you need, Vimeo PRO offers more robust features for professionals with deadlines and those who may want to sell their own work.
- Upload up to 20GB a week (1040GB each year)
- Priority video conversion to get your videos online faster
- Unlimited HD plays on any device
- Private, unlisted video review pages
- No banner ads for you or your viewers on Vimeo.com
- Unlimited customizable video Portfolio sites
- Unlimited Groups/Channels/Albums
- Advanced Stats dashboard
- Mobile-ready videos
- Customizable and brandable video player
- Third-party player support
- Optional source file storage
- Full mobile, tablet, and connected TV compatibility
- Earn cash payments of appreciation through Tip Jar
- Sell your work, your way with Vimeo On Demand
If you sign up for a Pro membership now you can take advantage of the custom NFS promo code that will save you 15%. Just use NOFILMSCHOOL15PRO at check out. That means instead of paying the full $199/year, you'll be paying about $169. Sign up soon though, because the deal ends on February 28th!