JVC announced their affordable GY-LS300 way back in November, but we were able to learn a little bit more about this Super 35 4K camera today at NAB.
You can check out one of our previous posts to learn all about JVC's 4K cam tech specs, but here are a few highlights from the list:
- Single Super-35mm-Sized CMOS Sensor
- Ultra HD, Full HD at 4:2:2, SD & Proxy
- .MOV & AVCHD Recording
- Dual SDHC/SDXC Memory Card Slots
- 3G-SDI & 4K HDMI Output
- Built-In Wireless Streaming
- Built-In Network Remote Control
- MFT Mount Supports Mount Adapters
- 3.5" Color LCD Display & 0.24" EVF
- 2x XLR Audio Inputs with Phantom Power
- Comes with a shotgun microphone attached
JVC's 4K cam seems like an affordable way for indie filmmakers to not only shoot 4K, but to shoot on a Super 35mm sensor. You can preorder the LS300 for $3995.
Source: JVC GY-LS300 -- B&H