At NAB, Sound Devices showed off their robust line of 5" and 7" field monitors, the PIX-E Series, which offers tons of monitoring tools, SDI and HDMI I/O, 4K recording, and the full range of Apple ProRes codecs.
There are a lot of great features that come with these field monitors, like touch sensitivity, TapZoom (for focus checking), and a hi-res, color-accurate screen. However, the most impressive aspect of the PIX-E series is the fact that they are "the first on-camera monitors to offer the full range of Apple ProRes codecs", which includes Apple ProRes 4444 XQ.
- Full HD Ultra-Bright IPS Touchscreen
- TapZoom for Rapid Focus
- PIX-Assist Monitoring Tools
- 4K Recording (4K up to 24 fps, UHD up to 30 fps, 1080p or 720p up to 60 fps)
- Apple ProRes 4444 XQ, 12-Bit
- Real Buttons for Fast Tactile Control
- Robust; Die-Cast Metal Chassis
- Virtually Indestructible Gorilla Glass 2
- Waveform Monitor
- False Color
- Frame Markers
- Four Way View
These monitors come in three flavors and are set to hit the market this summer:
- 5" PIX-E5H (HDMI only): $1195
- 5" PIX-E5: $1395
- 7" PIX-E7: $1595
To learn more about this line, head on over to Sound Devices website.