If you're looking for a good follow focus that won't cost you an arm and a leg (and maybe your soul), CAME-TV just dropped the price on their digital wireless lens control by nearly 50%.
When your camera is mounted to a jib, dolly, gimbal, or drone, it's important to have a follow focus that allows you to pull focus and control the iris from the ground, but if you're an indie filmmaker, you probably don't have thousands to drop on a system. CAME-TV's follow focus is now $880, down from $1698.
Before we get to its features, filmmaker Tom Antos reviewed the follow focus back in August. Here's what he had to say about it:
Video is no longer available: www.youtube.com/watch?v=2L0K5HmABN4
The CAME-TV follow focus mounts on either 15mm or 19mm rods and is compatible with many different cameras and lenses, like ARRI cams, including the ALEXA, RED, Sony, Canon, Nikon, and Panasonic.
- Single channel, one focus motor inside the receiver
- Fast response: Time delay is less than 10mm seconds
- Precise circuit control: No electronic error and out-of-step phenomenon
- Driver can be installed on 15 mm and 19 mm rods
- Fastest linear velocity speed is can reach from 330 to 380 mm/second
- 0.5, 0.6, 0.8 and 1.0 drive gear to fit a variety of specifications of the lens
Click here if you're interested in learning more about CAME-TV's follow focus system, or are ready to purchase one for yourself.