Want a Cheaper Alternative to the Ice Light? Meet Yongnuo's $62 YN360 Light Wand
Choosing lighting equipment is difficult mostly because decent lights tend to cost a pretty penny. But Yongnuo's new YN360 light wand costs just $62 and provides a lot of the same features found in tools that cost 8 times as much.
Yongnuo is touting their light wand as the industry's "first LED video light made from full color RGB SMD lamps, as well as LED lamp beads," made up of 40 full color RGB SMD lamps, 160 LED lamp beads with 3200k color temp, and 160 lamp beads with 5500k color temp. It offers colors red, blue, and green, which can be modified remotely through their smartphone app. Furthermore, the YN360's luminance levels can be adjusted on the wand itself, as well as on the app.
What does this all mean? Well, it means that thanks to Yongnuo's ability to manufacture what PetaPixel calls "near-identical clones" of Canon and Nikon's most popular camera lenses at a much cheaper cost, you might have a great alternative to the Westcott Ice Light, which offers many of the same features, but at a much higher price tag of $500.
Yongnuo doesn't provide a whole lot of information about the YN360, but we were able to pull some specs from FlashHavoc:
- Color temperature: 3200K, 5500K and RGB full color
- CRI: greater than or equal to 95
- Mobile APP Remote distance: less than 15 m
- Power: 19.2 watts
- Lumen: 2560LM
- Weight: 489 g illumination angle: 55 degrees and 110 degrees
- Applicable battery: A lithium battery NP-F series
- External DC power supply: 8 V DC power supply 5 A
- Size: 583 * 48 * 24 mm
- (Note: This product only supports phone APP remote control, NOT 2.4GHz wireless remote control)