Oscar night has finally come! We're here to bring you our coverage of the nominees as well as up-to-date information on who goes home with a golden statue.
Here are the nominees and winners (in bold) for each category:
- The Big Short — Brad Pitt, Dede Gardner and Jeremy Kleiner
- Bridge of Spies — Steven Spielberg, Marc Platt and Kristie Macosko Krieger
- Brooklyn — Finola Dwyer and Amanda Posey
- Mad Max: Fury Road — Doug Mitchell and George Miller
- The Martian — Simon Kinberg, Ridley Scott, Michael Schaefer and Mark Huffam
- The Revenant — Arnon Milchan, Steve Golin, Alejandro G. Iñárritu, Mary Parent and Keith Redmon
- Room — Ed Guiney
Spotlight — Michael Sugar, Steve Golin, Nicole Rocklin and Blye Pagon Faust [WINNER]
- Adam McKay — The Big Short
- George Miller — Mad Max: Fury Road
- Alejandro González Iñárritu — The Revenant [WINNER]
- Lenny Abrahamson — Room
- Tom McCarthy — Spotlight
Want to know more about the Oscar-nominated directors?
- Who Deserves to Win Best Director at This Year's Academy Awards?
- 'Room' Director Lenny Abrahamson: When Something's Not Working, Don't Freak Out
- Alejandro González Iñárritu on Filming a Difficult Scene in 'The Revenant'
- Ed Lachman — Carol
- Robert Richardson — The Hateful Eight
- John Seale — Mad Max: Fury Road
- Emmanuel Lubezki — The Revenant [WINNER]
- Roger Deakins — Sicario
Want to know more about the cinematography in these Oscar-nominated films?
- Which Cameras Were Used on the Oscar-Nominated Films of 2016?
- Oscar-Worthy Cinematography: A Look at the 2016 Academy Award-Nominated Films
- Emmanuel Lubezki Is Using the ALEXA 65 on His Next Project, Iñárritu’s 'The Revenant'
- How the Color in 'Sicario' Reveals the Battle Between Good & Evil
- Oscar-Nominated Roger Deakins on One of the Best Ways to Learn How to Be a Cinematographer
- The Cinematographer's Job Is Not to Create Amazing Images: Roger Deakins on Shooting 'Sicario'
- An In-Depth Look at the Cinematography of 'Mad Max: Fury Road'
- How the Framing In 'Mad Max: Fury Road' Keeps the Viewer Oriented in a Chaotic World
- Why Emmanuel Lubezki is One of the Best DPs of All Time
- Master Cinematographer Emmanuel Lubezki is on Instagram (And His Photos Are Incredible)
- The Big Short — Hank Corwin
- Mad Max: Fury Road — Margaret Sixel [WINNER]
- The Revenant — Stephen Mirrione
- Spotlight — Tom McArdle
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens — Maryann Brandon and Mary Jo Markey
Want to know more about the editing in these Oscar-nominated films?
- Furious Film Editing: Watch Five Films That Average 2 Seconds Per Shot [Mad Max: Fury Road]
- Brooklyn — Nick Hornby
- The Big Short — Adam McKay and Charles Randolph [WINNER]
- Carol — Phyllis Nagy
- The Martian — Drew Goddard
- Room — Emma Donoghue
Want to know more about the nominees for Best Adapted Screenplay?
- 5 Essential Tips From Oscar-Nominated Screenwriters of 'Carol' and 'Room'
- Breaking the Fourth Wall is Not the Most Important Storytelling Element in ‘The Big Short’
- How ‘The Martian’ Cleverly Drops Multiple F-Bombs & Still Gets a PG-13 Rating
- 'The Martian' Screenplay Available For Your Consideration
- Should the 'Essay Film' Win the 2016 Academy Award for Best Picture? [The Big Short]
- 'The Big Short' Screenplay Available For Your Consideration
- 'Spotlight' Screenplay Now Available For Your Consideration
- 'Carol', 'Woman in Gold', 'Macbeth' Screenplays Available For Your Consideration
- 'Room' Screenplay Now Available For Your Consideration
- ‘Brooklyn’, ‘Youth’, ‘Me and Earl and the Dying Girl’ & More Screenplays For Your Consideration
- Bridge of Spies — Matt Charman, Joel & Ethan Coen
- Ex Machina — Alex Garland
- Inside Out — Pete Docter, Meg LeFauve, Josh Cooley, Ronnie del Carmin
- Spotlight — Josh Singer and Tom McCarthy [WINNER]
- Straight Outta Compton — Andrea Berloff, Jonathan Herman, S. Leigh Savidge, Alan Wenkus, Andrea Berloff
Want to know more about these nominees for Best Original Screenplay?
- Download & Read 9 of the 10 Oscar Nominated Screenplays for 2016 Right Now
- 'Bridge of Spies' Screenplay Now Available For Your Consideration
- 'Inside Out' Screenplay Now Available For Your Consideration
- 'Ex Machina', 'The End of the Tour' & More Screenplays Free For Your Consideration
- 'Straight Outta Compton', 'Trainwreck' & More Screenplays Free For Your Consideration
Animated Feature Film
- Anomalisa — Charlie Kaufman, Duke Johnson and Rosa Tran
- Boy and the World — Alê Abreu
- Inside Out — Pete Docter and Jonas Rivera
- Shaun the Sheep Movie — Mark Burton and Richard Starzak
- When Marnie Was There — Hiromasa Yonebayashi and Yoshiaki Nishimura
Want to know more about the Animated Features that were nominated?
- How a Stop Motion Animated Film is Brought to Life: Charlie Kaufman's 'Anomalisa'
- Charlie Kaufman's Sundance Cinema Cafe: 'Animators Are Actors in Their Own Right'
- Carol — Sandy Powell
- Cinderella — Sandy Powell
- The Danish Girl — Paco Delgado
- Mad Max: Fury Road — Jenny Beavan [WINNER]
- The Revenant — Jacqueline West
Want to know more about the costume design for these nominees?
- Know Your Below-the-Line Oscar Nominees (SFX, Costume Design, Sound Editing/Mixing)
- Ex Machina — Andrew Whitehurst, Paul Norris, Mark Ardington and Sara Bennett [WINNER]
- Mad Max: Fury Road — Andrew Jackson, Tom Wood, Dan Oliver and Andy Williams
- The Martian — Richard Stammers, Anders Langlands, Chris Lawrence and Steven Warner
- The Revenant — Rich McBride, Matthew Shumway, Jason Smith and Cameron Waldbauer
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens — Roger Guyett, Patrick Tubach, Neal Scanlan and Chris Corbould
Want to know more about the VFX in these Oscar-nominated films?
- Go Behind the Scenes of the Oscar-Nominated VFX for 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens'
- Breaking Down the VFX of 'Ex Machina'
- 'You Don't Want to Kill the Thing': Lessons from 'Ex Machina' Director Alex Garland
- 'Ex Machina' DP Rob Hardy on Lighting for 360 Degrees & Shooting Anamorphically on the Sony F65
- Bridge of Spies — Thomas Newman
- Carol — Carter Burwell
- The Hateful Eight — Ennio Morricone [WINNER]
- Sicario — Jóhann Jóhannsson
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens — John Williams
Want to know more about how to craft an Oscar-worthy score?
- Mad Max: Fury Road — Mark Mangini and David White [WINNER]
- The Martian — Oliver Tarney
- The Revenant — Martin Hernandez and Lon Bender
- Sicario — Alan Robert Murray
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens — Matthew Wood and David Acord
- Bridge of Spies — Andy Nelson, Gary Rydstrom and Drew Kunin
- Mad Max: Fury Road — Chris Jenkins, Gregg Rudloff and Ben Osmo [WINNER]
- The Martian — Paul Massey, Mark Taylor and Mac Ruth
- The Revenant — Jon Taylor, Frank A. Montaño, Randy Thom and Chris Duesterdiek
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens — Andy Nelson, Christopher Scarabosio and Stuart Wilson
- "Earned It" — Fifty Shades of Grey
- "Manta Ray" — Racing Extinction
- "Simple Song #3" — Youth
- "Til It Happens To You" — The Hunting Ground
- "Writing's On The Wall" — Spectre [WINNER]
- Amy — Asif Kapadia and James Gay-Rees [WINNER]
- Cartel Land — Matthew Heineman and Tom Yellin
- The Look of Silence — Joshua Oppenheimer and Signe Byrge Sørensen
- What Happened, Miss Simone — Liz Garbus, Amy Hobby and Justin Wilkes
- Winter on Fire: Ukraine's Fight for Freedom — Evgeny Afineevsky and Den Tolmor
Want to know more about these doc nominees?
- What We Can Learn from the 2016 Oscar-Nominated Doc Directors
- Meth Labs, Machine Guns, and Bulletproof Vests: Matthew Heineman on Filming Sundance Winner 'Cartel Land'
- Unpacking 'The Look of Silence' with Oscar-Nominated Director Joshua Oppenheimer
Documentary Short Subject
- A Girl in the River: The Price of Forgiveness — Sharmeen Obaid-Chinoy [WINNER]
- Body Team 12 – David Darg and Bryn Mooser
- Chau, Beyond the Lines — Courtney Marsh and Jerry Franck
- Claude Lanzmann: Spectres of the Shoah — Adam Benzine
- Last Day of Freedom — Dee Hibbert-Jones and Nomi Talisman
Makeup & Hairstyling
- Mad Max: Fury Road — Lesley Vanderwalt, Elka Wardega, Damian Martin [WINNER]
- The 100-Year-Old Man Who Climbed Out the Window and Disappeared — Love Larson, Eva von Bahr
- The Revenant — Sian Grigg, Duncan Jarman, Robert Pandini
Animated Short Film
- Bear Story — Gabriel Osorio and Pato Escala
- Prologue — Richard Williams and Imogen Sutton
- Sanjay's Super Team — Sanjay Patel and Nicole Grindle
- We Can't Live without Cosmos — Konstantin Bronzit
- World of Tomorrow — Don Hertzfeldt
Live Action Short Film
- Ave Maria — Basil Khalil and Eric Dupont
- Day One — Henry Hughes
- Everything Will Be Okay (Alles Wird Gut) — Patrick Vollrath
- Shok — Jamie Donoughue
- Stutterer — Benjamin Cleary and Serena Armitage [WINNER]
- Brian Cranston — Trumbo
- Matt Damon — The Martian
- Leonardo DiCaprio — The Revenant [WINNER]
- Michael Fassbender — Steve Jobs
- Eddie Redmayne — The Danish Girl
- Cate Blanchett — Carol
- Brie Larson — Room [WINNER]
- Jennifer Lawrence — Joy
- Charlotte Rampling — 45 Years
- Saoirse Ronan — Brooklyn
Best Supporting Actor
- Christian Bale — The Big Short
- Tom Hardy — The Revenant
- Mark Ruffalo — Spotlight
- Mark Rylance — Bridge of Spies [WINNER]
- Sylvester Stallone — Creed
Best Supporting Actress
- Jennifer Jason Leigh — The Hateful Eight
- Rooney Mara — Carol
- Rachel McAdams — Spotlight
- Alicia Vikander — The Danish Girl [WINNER]
- Kate Winslet — Steve Jobs
Foreign Language Film
- Embrace of the Serpent — Colombia; Directed by Ciro Guerra
- Mustang — France; Directed by Deniz Gamze Ergüven
- Son of Saul — Hungary; Directed by László Nemes [WINNER]
- Theeb — Jordan; Directed by Naji Abu Nowar
- A War — Denmark; Directed by Tobias Lindholm
- Bridge of Spies — Adam Stockhausen (Production Design); Rena DeAngelo and Bernhard Henrich (Set Decoration)
- The Danish Girl — Eve Stewart (Production Design); Michael Standish (Set Decoration)
- Mad Max: Fury Road — Colin Gibson (Production Design); Lisa Thompson (Set Decoration) [WINNER]
- The Martian — Arthur Max (Production Design); Celia Bobak (Set Decoration)
- The Revenant — Jack Fisk (Production Design); Hamish Purdy (Set Decoration)