Schneider Optics has announced that Chrosziel GmbH will be releasing a purpose-built shoulder mount for Sony PXW-FS5 cameras. The new Lightweight Support (LWS) 401-FS5 is said to provide optimum balance for handheld camera.
The new baseplate features a slim design with a sturdy and ergonomic shoulder pad that slides into a comfortable location for balance on the shoulder. The system also offers two 205mm-long 15mm rods, with a threaded insert for extension rods. The integrated Hirth rosettes provide mounting points for accessories such as Chrosziel Leather Handgrips. An integrated V-mount reliably affixes the camera to most quick-lock plates.
The LWS mounts to the camera base at several points for secure positioning. It can also be combined with the Chrosziel 19mm DigiCine Bridgeplate 401-F235 to provide support for large zoom lenses. Chrosziel’s LWS 401-FS7 provides similar functionality to the Sony PXW-FS7 camera.
The LWS 401-FS5 is shipping now.
- Sliding and ergonomic ShoulderPad, extensible for perfect balances on the shoulder
- Hirth rosettes that perfectly combine with the telescopic extensions of Sony PXW-FS7 Handgrip (also fits for Sony PXW-FS5)
- Lightweight Support safely fixed on the camera base with several screws
- Rod Clamp for Ø 15mm rods, incl. new captive Clamp Lever
- Incl. 205mm rods, threaded and extendable
- Optional Rear Rod Clamp 401-FS7-5R-01 for additional accessories, like batteries or breakout boxes
- Dimensions (with Shoulder Pad): L 210 mm, W 113 mm, H 45 mm
- Weight, incl. V-Lock Plate, Schoulder Pad and rods: 625 g / without rods: 517 g