Screencraft fellowships are never run-of-the-mill opportunities. In the past, the screenwriting organization has hosted opportunities for horror screenwriters, web series creators, comedy writers, and budding sci-fi auteurs in locations all around the world.
Now, Screencraft has announced the new location for its annual Screenwriters Residency Program: a remote beach in Jamaica. The 5-day program will provide 14 emerging screenwriters the opportunity to develop their screenplays in St. Bess, a rural Jamaican seaside town, under the supervision of accomplished Hollywood screenwriters.
This year's mentors include:
- Geoffrey Fletcher, Academy Award-winning screenwriter of Precious and Violet & Daisy
- Peter Craig, WGA Award-nominated screenwriter of The Town, Hunger Games Mockingjay 1 & 2
- Eric Fineman, Vice President of Production at Sony Pictures Studios and exec on such films as Spider-Man and Goosebumps
- Zack Estrin, showrunner of FOX’s TV series Prison Break and screenwriter/showrunner for Netflix’s upcoming big-budget adventure series Lost in Space
- Hannah Ozer, Literary Manager at Kaplan/Perrone, a management company representing the film and TV writers of Die Hard, 500 Days of Summer, and more
The program, which runs September 12 - 16, will provide four talented screenwriters with free tuition for the full week of mentorship, networking, and screenplay development.
Early Application Deadline: March 30
Final Application Deadline: April 20
Applications for an additional 10 tuition-paying attendees ($2,300) will open April 20, with a final deadline of June 1.