Widely considered the best for sound professionals, Sound Devices' new 3-in-1 units are going to shatter the sub-$1,000 market.
Quality preamps, silent noise floor and top notch build quality are things that set Sound Devices apart from their competitors, but the company has always been a bit pricey for the entry level market. With the MixPre-3 and MixPre-6, this is all about to change.
We didn't realize the full effect of this until we saw the units up close and in person at the show floor at NAB 2017. Useful as a field recorder, a USB interface or a pre-amp for your camera, the sound quality that Sound Devices offers hasn't been at this price point until right now.
- 32bit analog-to-digital conversion
- Kashmir pre-amps with -130dbv noise floor
- Simultaneous USB and SD recording
- Compatible with Wingman app
- MixPre-3 offers 96kHz, MixPre-6 offers 192kHz max sample rate
- 24 bit depth
- Dual USB-A and USB-C ports
- MixPre-3 has 3 XLR ports (5 tracks), MixPre-6 has 4 (8 tracks)
- Remote Control Via HDMI Flag
More of No Film School's coverage from the NAB showroom floor: