This episode of Indie Film Weekly divulges how to get the most authentic performances out of your actors, and how this year’s TV lineup affects indie filmmakers.
Jon Fusco, Charles Haine, and yours truly, Liz Nord discuss the television NewFronts, and an alternative to YouTube where you might actually get paid for your work. We also share advice for directors, producers and cinematographers from industry pros in our newest segment: Weekly Words of Wisdom. As always, the show brings more news you can use about gear, upcoming grant and festival deadlines, this week’s indie film releases, and other notable things you might have missed while you were busy making films.
Listen to the episode by streaming or downloading from the embedded player above, or find on iTunes here.
Show Links & Mentions
No Film School articles
- Watch: How to Make Your Actors Angry, Like Jack Nicholson
- The Best Things You Can Do For Your DP Career Off-Set, Part 1: Relationships
- 10 Steps to Writing the Perfect Prospectus
- 'Berlin Syndrome': Cate Shortland Explores Sexual Captivity in Sundance's Most Horrifying Thriller
- What You Missed at Film's Front Lines: TIFF 2016
- DJI launches the $499 Spark Drone, smaller than a Soda Can
- 24shots Makes Follow Focus Easy with New Wireless System
- Zacuto Keeps Your Fujinon Lens in Place
Upcoming Deadlines: Grants & Opportunities
- NEH Digital Projects for the Public - June 7
- ScreenCraft Spring 2017 Short Film Production Fund - June 30
Upcoming Deadlines: Festivals
- Oaxaca Film Festival - May 31
- San Jose Short Film Festival - May 31
- Toronto International Film Festival - June 2
- AWOL - Now Available
- War Machine - May 26
- Becoming Bond - Now Available
- Berlin Syndrome - May 26