DJI and SkyPixel Want to Award Over $15K in Prizes to the Best Aerial Video
Take to the skies and win a prize!
In search of some of the best drone videos out there, DJI and SkyPixel have teamed up to give filmmakers the chance to win great prizes for their outstanding aerial cinematography in the first ever SkyPixel Aerial Video Contest.
Today is the official kickoff of the event and any and all creatives are welcome to participate. This is exciting news for all of you drone pilots out there that might have been searching for a way to not only get your hands on some gear, but to also get your work seen by a venerable panel of judges who specialize in drone cinematography.
But before we get to the details of the contest, check out the promo video:
All videos have to be less than 5 minutes long with at least 30 seconds of drone footage and must be entered into any of the three categories. From the press release:
- Nature: Tell us a story with landscape shots, revealing the deep secrets of Mother Nature from above.
- City: Capture the character of your city’s transformation or show us places we know and love, but from a brand new perspective.
- Sport: Capture the energy and excitement behind a sport or an athlete pursuing their dreams.
A panel of nine judges will decide the fate of each video, including aerial DP Phil Pastuhov (Lord of the Rings Trilogy, Godzilla, The Amazing Spider-Man 2), director/screenwriter Ning Hao (Crazy Stone), and aerial DP Ryan Hosking (The Revenant, American Sniper, The Nice Guys).
A 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winner will be named for each of the three categories, as well as one for a People's Choice award. However, the Grand Prize winner will walk away with over $15,000 worth of gear and goodies, including:
- DJI Inspire 2 Premium Combo
- Nikon D750 Body + 24-70 mm VR 2.8 Lens
- Suunto Spartan Ultra Copper Special Edition (HR) Watch
- LaCie d2 Thunderbolt 3 Hard Drive
- Oakley Latch Prizm Sunglasses
- Tourism Australia Travel Package*
- Submission Start: June 2nd 2017, 06:00 Greenwich Mean Time (GMT); Submission Deadline: August 2nd 2017, 06:00 GMT
- Videos from any aerial platform are welcome.
- Each entry must be less than five minutes long and include aerial clips lasting at least 30 seconds.
- Entrants may submit unlimited content to several categories.
- A single submission may only qualify for a single category: Sport, City, and Nature. One submission does not qualify for two or three categories.
- Entrants must ensure submitted information is authentic and all content is original. Watermarks may influence the evaluation results. Submitting false information will result in disqualification.
Once again, the contest is now open for submissions and close August 2, 2017, 6:00 GMT.
If you want to learn more about the SkyPixel Aerial Video Contest, or if you're interested in submitting a video, head on over to the contest's website.