Is it time for your big break?
We all know Final Draft is helpful software for screenwriting, but now the company has set out to aid screenwriters who've finished their project, as well. The new Big Break Screenwriting Contest offers film and TV writers in 11 genres the chance to win up to $80,000 in cash and prizes. Grand prize winners also get flown to Los Angeles to meet with managers, producers, and executives.
You can submit your full-length screenplay (80 to 120 pages) or teleplay (hour-long: 40 to 70 pages, half-hour: 20 to 35, half-hour multi-camera with double-spaced dialogue: 50 to 60) by the regular deadline of June 26 for just $50 and earn the chance to win a litany of prizes.
11 feature and TV projects will share $80,000 in cash and prizes. Eight feature winners will be chosen in each of the following genres: Action/Adventure, Comedy/Rom-Com, Diversity, Drama, Family/Animated, Period/Historical/War, Sci-Fi/Fantasy, and Thriller/Horror. Three TV winners will be chosen from the Half-Hour Pilot, Hour-Long Pilot, and Diversity Pilot formats.
Each Feature and TV Award winner receives:
- $1,000 Cash
- Final Draft 10
- The New York Film Academy Fellowship
- Two months free hosting of your script on The Black List with two free evaluations from The Black List readers.
- InkTip Script Listing: A listing of your script on InkTip so that producers and reps can find you
- InkTip Magazine: Publish your logline in InkTip’s magazine sent to 4000+ producers and reps
- Writer brand assessment from Lee Jessup
- Truby’s Blockbuster Genres: How The Top 11 Genres Really Work Audio Course
- Five-year Script Pipeline Database Membership - Winners reviewed by Script Pipeline Director of Development for assistance with industry circulation
- StoryO from Jungle Software
- Pitch Your Screenplay Like a Pro Ebook and Bonus Videos on marketing your screenplay plus guidebook "How To Capitalize on Your Big Break Win" by Melody Jackson, Founder of Smart Girls Productions
- One-year International Screenwriters Association CONNECT membership
- Free Big Break Contest entry for 2017
- Script coverage from Big Break readers
- The 1-3-5 Story Structure Made Simple System ebook and Show Starter Scheduling & Budgeting Plus software
- Copy of Save The Cat! Strikes Back by screenwriter Blake Snyder
TV winners also receive:
- The Show Starter Reality TV Made Simple System ebook
- Show Starter Scheduling & Budgeting Plus software
- Level 1 10-Week TV Spec & Pilot Teleseminar from Jen Grisanti Consultancy
In addition, one Feature Grand Prize and one TV Grand Prize winner will be chosen from the 11 Feature Genre and TV Format award winners. These two Grand Prize Award Winners are flown to Hollywood for meetings and networking with executives, producers, agents and managers
Each Grand Prize Award Winner also receives:
- An Apple iPad
- The Final Draft Writer® App for iPad
- A Trip to Hollywood
- $10,000 cash
- Roundtrip flight to Los Angeles plus hotel accommodations
- Breakfast with screenwriter/producer Pen Densham (Riding the Alligator, Moll Flanders, Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves, producer of Backdraft)
- Lunch with Big Break judges and other industry professionals
- Dinner with working screenwriters and producers
- 60-90 Minute Career/Meeting Prep Session from screenwriting career coach Lee Jessup
- Copy of Save The Cat! Story Structure Software
- Admission to the August 2018 Script Pipeline Secret Door Pitchfest
- Admission to one Robert McKee Story Seminar in 2018 in London, New York or Los Angeles
- Extended Screenplay Coverage
- An Email Query Blast to market your screenplay and capitalize on being a Big Break Winner — from Melody Jackson, Founder of Smart Girls Productions
- Query Letter or One-Sheet analysis and a personalized, signed copy of
- The Screenwriter's Bible by Dave Trottier
- Script consultation with a Script Pipeline’s Director of Development for potential industry circulation
TV Grand Prize winners also receive:
- 1-3-5 Story Structure Made Simple screenwriting book and The Show Starter reality pitching book
- Script Consultation from Jen Grisanti Consultancy including written/verbal notes and meeting to review the notes and your logline
- One-hour career consultation with Carole Kirschner of Park on the Lot to create a step by step, personalized game plan for leveraging the contest win
Click here for the full list of rules and to enter the contest.