Welcome to a Post-Harvey Hollywood & Your Best Bet for a 360° Stereo Camera [PODCAST]
In this episode of Indie Film Weekly, we predict what the Harvey Weinstein fallout could means for future film sets.
Jon Fusco, Charles Haine and yours truly, Liz Nord discuss a post-Harvey (Weinstein) Hollywood and some steps being taken by the Academy, the PGA, and other film institutions to combat sexual misconduct in the industry. We also share a ton of news from Netflix, including the company's plans to release 80 original films in 2018. In gear news, we reveal how filmmakers can use Microsoft's new GPU, and Charles answers an Ask No Film School question about renting a 360 stereoscopic camera.
As always, the show also brings news you can use about gear, upcoming grant and festival deadlines, this week’s indie film releases, industry wisdom, and other notable things you might have missed while you were busy making films.
Listen to the episode by streaming or downloading from the embedded player above, or find on iTunes here.
Show Links & Mentions
No Film School articles
- Why Oscar-winning DP Vittorio Storaro Thinks the Film vs. Digital Debate is Bullshit
- 'Wonderstruck': Todd Haynes' Cannes Film 'Draws Attention to Film Language in Every Way'
- 'Una': How Benedict Andrews' Sexual Assault Drama Takes Us 'To The Edge of Human Behavior'
- Why David Fincher's 'Mindhunter' DP Believes 'There Are No Rules' in Lighting
- Be Over-Prepared: 3 Filmmaking Tips from 'Only the Brave' Director Joseph Kosinski
- The Worst Things a Director Can Do on Set [Podcast]
- Microsoft Puts a Gaming GPU in a Tablet Keyboard
- ZEISS Adds New High-Speed 25mm Lens to Milvus Series
- Adobe Pushes Hard Into the Cloud to Speed Up Workflows and Improve Collaboration
- Nokia Murders OZO
Upcoming Deadlines: Grants & Opportunities
Upcoming Deadlines: Festivals
- The Julien Dubuque International Film Festival - October 23
- Newport Beach Film Festival - October 27
- FILMFESTIVAL KITZBUEHEL - October 22
- In the Radiant City - Out Now