This episode of Indie Film Weekly unveils bigger sensors on land and in the air, and Hollywood's worst kept secret.
Jon Fusco and yours truly, Liz Nord discuss the Harvey Weinstein sexual abuse accusations and what they mean for indie film, share highlights from our New York Film Festival coverage including conversations with Richard Linklater and Sean Baker, and ponder what exactly is the future of storytelling. In gear news, RED has finally released its Monstro sensor and DJI has released its highest resolution drone cinema camera yet. DP Open Soffer joins us to answer an Ask No Film School question about how to shoot dialog scenes.
As always, the show also brings news you can use about gear, upcoming grant and festival deadlines, this week’s indie film releases, industry wisdom, and other notable things you might have missed while you were busy making films.
Listen to the episode by streaming or downloading from the embedded player above, or find on iTunes here.
Show Links & Mentions
No Film School articles
- All of our New York Film Festival coverage so far
- Shootout: ARRI Alexa Mini vs. RED Epic-W Helium
- RED's Monstrous Monstro Sensor is Here at Long Last
- DJI Releases the Highest Resolution Drone Cinema Camera Ever
Upcoming Deadlines: Grants & Opportunities
Upcoming Deadlines: Festivals
- Dublin International Film Festival - October 15
- San Luis Obispo International Film Festival - October 16
- Say It Loud Film Festival - October 20
- City of Ghosts - October 13
- The Meyerowitz Stories (New and Selected) - October 13