C-stands are practically guaranteed to tear your upholstery when loading up for a shoot, and now you can avoid that with the new KitBags from Matthews.
C-stands are one of the greatest inventions known to the film set. Whenever you need to hold a specific thing in a specific place, be it a monitor, a cable, a flag, or even a prop, the C-stand is there for you.
However, they really work best on a truck. When you are taking them on a flight or the subway, or stuffing them in your wagon, they are always an outlier, guaranteed to poke someone in the leg or rip your upholstery, while getting banged up themselves in the process. To solve that problem, Matthews Studio Equipment has now released two KitBags, designed to make it easier to get a small number of C-stands to or from your shoots.
The KitBags come in two sizes: a shoulder rig that holds two normal C-stands, and then a roller case that will hold three C-stands (provided the stands have the removable, turtle-style base). Made from ballistic nylon, the bags are designed to protect your stands and to protect items nearby from your stands and the havoc they might create.
In addition to the rolling wheels and the double handles of the larger bag, it also comes with a side pocket perfectly sized for the RoadFlags system, which is a collapsible kit designed to make it easier to bring 4x4's with you to shoots where you might not have room for a full sized 4x4.
- Water-Resistant 900D Polyester & Ballistic Nylon exterior
- ABS honeycomb and high-density Close-Cell EVA foam padding
- Durable internal side walls to inhibit wear
- Dual-directional, easy glide zippers
- Heavy duty internal Velcro tie-down straps
- Business card size name-tag holder
- Holds 2 C-stands
- 60.0 x 21.5 x 5.0" / 152.4 x 54.6 x 12.7 cm
- 11.0 lb / 5.0 kg
- Holds 3 C-stands
- Pocket for collapsible RoadFlag kit
- Silicon Skate Wheels
- 53.0 x 17.0 x 10.0" / 134.6 x 43.2 x 25.4 cm
- 24.0 lb / 10.9 kg
- 2 handles for 2-person lifting