Jon Fusco and yours truly, Liz Nord discuss Louis CK’s I Love You, Daddy distribution saga and awards season updates (and upsets) from the Golden Globes, European Film Awards, and IDA Documentary Awards. We also reveal Netflix's most binged shows of 2017, get into a pretty geeky debate about Star Wars, and share tips from filmmaker Ela Thier about how to become your own script doctor.
Charles Haine joins us for gear news and answers an Ask No Film School question about scanning photos to use in your film.
As always, the show also brings news you can use about gear, upcoming grant and festival deadlines, this week’s indie film releases, industry wisdom, and other notable things you might have missed while you were busy making films.
Listen to the episode by streaming or downloading from the embedded player above, or find on iTunes here.
Show Links & Mentions
No Film School articles
- How to Master the Art of Satire: Ruben Östlund on 'The Square' [PODCAST]
- Inside the Year's Most Controversial Doc With the Filmmaker Who Risked it All
- Netflix's 'Fire Chasers': Stunning Cinematography Amidst 100-Foot Flames
- 'City of Ghosts' Director Matthew Heineman: 'Your Camera Should Be Part of Who You Are'
- Sundance-Winning 'Last Men in Aleppo': Making Cinema Amid Chaos and War
- 5 Ways to Be Your Own Best Script Doctor
- Watch: Why It's Important to Let Your Edit 'Breathe'
- Apple Announced Launch Date For iMac Pro
- Flanders new XM Gets another 10"
- What's That Noise? Exploring the Low Light Color Sensitivity of the Varicam LT
Upcoming Deadlines: Grants & Opportunities
Upcoming Deadlines: Festivals
- 51st Annual WorldFest-Houston - December 15
- MountainFilm - December 15
- Beverly Hills Film Festival - December 15
- Wormwood- December 15
- Fire Chasers - Available now
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi - December 15
This episode of Indie Film Weekly was produced and edited by Jon Fusco.