In this special Sundance episode, Jon Fusco, Oakley Anderson-Moore, Erik Luers and yours truly, Liz Nord have been trudging through the mountain snow for the past week to bring you all the most fascinating stories from America's preeminent independent film event. We forego our regular show format to share in-depth Sundance coverage, from the lay of the land, to celebrity run-ins, to the most intriguing films. We also cover festival acquisitions—or lack thereof—and what the lesser presence of Netflix and Amazon in the buying pool might mean for independent filmmakers. Finally, we bring news of the other biggest event in the film world this past week, the 2018 Academy Award nominations.
Show Links & Mentions
Follow our growing list of Sundance 2018 coverage here.
- BET Wants to Buy Your Script and Make Your Film Through Project CRE8
- Infographic: Cameras and Lenses Used to Shoot Sundance 2018 Movies
- MoviePass Gets Into the Film Acquisition Game
- Panos Cosmatos on the Origins of 'Mandy' & Why Nicolas Cage is a Magical Creature
- The Sundance Film Festival in the Age of #MeToo and Time's Up
Listen to the episode by streaming or downloading from the embedded player above, or find on iTunes here.
For more, see our ongoing list of coverage of the 2018 Sundance Film Festival.No Film School's podcast and editorial coverage of the 2018 Sundance Film Festival is sponsored by RODE Microphones and Blackmagic Design.
This episode of Indie Film Weekly was produced and edited by Jon Fusco.