Cooke Optics expands its S7/i and Panchro/i Classic lenses with new focal lengths.
Designed to cover the full frame sensor of RED's Weapon 8K (46.31mm image circle), the Cooke S7/i T2.0 primes first emerged in 2017 with focal lengths 18, 25, 32, 40, 50, 75, 100 and 135mm. The Cooke look creators are now including 16, 21, 27 and 65mm versions to the line. The cinematographer friendly lenses are all color balanced, color matched and compatible with its S4/i, miniS4/i, Anamorphic/i and Panchro/i Classic series for seamless integration. The S7/i series will also cover the new ARRI Alexa LF and Sony VENICE cameras.
Cooke has also added to its Panchro/i Classic lenses to include 21, 27, 65 Macro and 135mm to the existing 8, 25, 32, 40, 50, 75, 100, 152mm focal lengths. The lenses are a take on its Speed Panchro lenses from the 1920s offering a vintage look for Super 35 sensors at T2.2 - T3.2 depending on the focal length.
Both series feature i/ Technology, a protocol that records focal length, focus distance, zoom position, near and far focus, hyper focal distance, T-stop, horizontal field of view and entrance pupil position for every frame shot. Data can be recorded in imperial or metric up to 285 fps and is stored as metadata to help streamline the production and post process. In fact, i/ Technology is part of all of its new lenses.
The new focal lengths are expected to come out by the end of the year. If you're headed to NAB 2018, you can check them out there at booth C8635 at NAB 2018.
S7/i Tech Specs:
- 16 18, 21, 25, 27, 32, 40, 50, 65 75, 100 and 135mm
- T2.0 – T22 linear aperture
- Opposing T scales
- Covers up to 46.31mm image circle
- Color matched to Anamorphic/i, S4/i, miniS4/i, 5/i and Pancro/i Classic lenses
- 140 teeth 0.8 metric module x 6.0mm wide 103mm from the image plane focus rings
- i/ Technology
Panchro/i Classic Specs:
- 18, 21, 27, 25, 32, 40, 50, 65 Macro, 75, 100, 135, 152mm
- T2.2, T3.2 – T22 linear aperture
- Opposing T Scales
- Covers Super 35mm
- Vintage look, modern housing
- 134 teeth 0.8 metric module x 4.0mm wide 83mm from image plane
- i/ Technology