We could all use a little hope in our lives, and with this film challenge, you’ve got a new reason to feel hopeful.
Here’s the deal: submit a short film (two-to-five minutes) that “reflects a story of hope.” According to the website, potential topics could include overcoming great obstacles, joy through the eyes of children, achieving a goal, winning an opportunity, helping and serving others and community organizations making a difference, among others.
The winning films will premiere at PhotoConLA and screen all weekend long from June 8-10, 2018 at Magic Box at The Reef in Los Angeles.
The contest supports the work of City of Hope, a non-profit leader in the fight to conquer cancer, diabetes, HIV/AIDS, and other life-threatening diseases. Filmmakers from around the world are welcome to submit. The winning films will premiere at PhotoConLA and screen all weekend long from June 8-10, 2018 at Magic Box at The Reef in Los Angeles.
Entries will be evaluated based on the following judging criteria: creativity (45%), technical merit (30%), and adherence to the assignment (25%). The contest is free to enter, but to participate, filmmakers must have a valid Audience Awards account (which is free). Films may have been exhibited or previously distributed.
From the first round of accepted entries, the top 5 entries with the most votes and the top 5 preliminary jury selected entries will advance to the finals round. The Samy's camera team will select the top 10 finalists and award the winners. Submissions close on 5/11/18 at 12 pm PST. Winners will be announced on 5/25 at 1 pm PST.
- 1st Place Jury Choice wins a Canon XF-405 camera
- 2nd Place Jury Choice wins a Canon XF-205 camera
- 3rd Place Jury Choice wins a Canon XA-35 camera
- Honorable Mention Jury Choice wins a Canon XA-11 camera
All 10 finalist filmmakers receive:
- 1 All-Access pass to attend Audience Awards Film Festival the following weekend in Los Angeles, June 2018
- Year-long promotion to agents, distributors and studios as a finalist in the Samy’s Camera Stories of Hope Campaign.
- A 3-month pro membership to Audience Awards
For more details about how to apply and contest terms, visit the contest page at Audience Awards.