April 14, 2018
NAB 2018

How Adobe Is Integrating Other Disciplines into Each of Its Programs

If we had to sum up Adobe's approach to the future of its post-production video tools in a single word it would be "integration."

Adobe has added a ton of interesting and powerful features to its collection of post-production applications, but the individual tweaks are not as exciting as its large-scale approach to the future of those applications. From Premiere Pro to Audition, you'll be able to accomplish multiple tasks within a single program, like color grading or auto-ducking right inside of Premiere Pro. So, instead of having to move your work from Premiere Pro to Audition or SpeedGrade to get your audio or color grade to where you want it to be, Adobe has included those powerful tools right inside of Premiere Pro. (In fact, Adobe has simply combined Premiere Pro and SpeedGrade into one program.)

No Film School's complete coverage of NAB 2018 is brought to you by AdoramaMy RØDE Reel, and Blackmagic Design.

NAB 2018 footer

More of No Film School's coverage from the NAB showroom floor:

Adobe seem to be just tweaking and sharing features from app to app. When are they going to pay attention to the core issues. I am a fairly new user of Premiere (but fully versed in photoshop etc). Where is the colour management settings in Premiere for example, why spend ages in Lumetri when you can’t be sure if it’s going to look right on the output side. Rec709, P3, sRGB. I use DaVinci Resolve, it’s simple and clear and not cluttered with bits from this and that. Adobe is starting to feel like working on a PC rather than a Mac, with bits of software implemented everywhere, patched together. I have been an adobe user for 20 years but I am now moving over to the likes of DaVinci, CaptureOne etc. Tools built for the job, not this mediocre consumerism crap. Does anyone agree? Feel the same?

April 15, 2018 at 1:02AM, Edited April 15, 1:02AM

Chris

Apple just praises mediocrity. There's no "tech people" today: if someone can't understand GOP structure or at least difference between codec and container, probably that someone should move to the sales, preferably fish market sales. Adobe tries to balance between just-pay-for-it-works Mac users and me-is-my-own-dit-where-the-hell-is-my-console PC users. A myth about Mac that "just works" started by Adobe in 1991. So Adobe digging graves 24/7 all that years. As Gerard stated below, all edgy wunderwaffles will crash your render AT LEAST. We all know those ridiculous workarounds, like "I'll better rerender that shot within AE from Pr and send an uncompressed file on Pr timeline", It's direct conclusion from multiplatform development. BM will dominate prosumer segment by 2020 and Adobe can't do sheer with it.

TLDR. Cheap uncredited edit work with auto settings - there's why I still use Premiere. Any damn is given - Da Vinci started and man, it feels like Premiere 6.0 from 2001 on Atom machine in 2012: dope ov power.

April 15, 2018 at 7:47AM

Oleg Ushakov
Predator

Adobe isn't integrating anything. If they would, then there would be consistent shortcuts and UX over their softwares and you could use and share files without jumping through numerous hoops. You can't open illustrator files in Photoshop while maintaining layers. Dynamic link can cause horrible errors so I never recommend using it, I've had a major problem once and don't trust it again. Media encoder is unreliable rendering afx files so that killed it for me as a central rendering queue. Afx could use the paint "engine" of Photoshop for ages since it's own one stinks big times. And so on and so on... Adobe is a mess and delivers crap consistently, their QC is non existent and this article rather reads like a copied press release. "The new tools and workflows that Adobe has added to Premiere Pro are designed specifically to be robust but also approachable, meaning that it'll appeal to users of all experience levels." This is completely disconnected from reality.

April 15, 2018 at 1:47AM, Edited April 15, 2:15AM

Gerard M.

Kinda silly to use anything other than Resolve now.

April 15, 2018 at 9:37AM

Richard Krall
richardkrall.com

These comments read like comments about a camera that didn't deliver having the best feature selection for an incredibly cheap price. :)

April 16, 2018 at 12:55PM

These comments read like comments about a software that doesn't deliver what it should. If you're happy to pay hard earned money for a load of shit which crashes and messes up your work, then please do.

April 16, 2018 at 1:59PM

Gerard M.

No I mean in reality they read like comments from people who like to complain about stuff. But look, I get it if people don't like certain tools. Some tools are great for certain jobs, and others for others.

But basically the Adobe guy was saying that they're working to add new features into software from other software. And everyone is like, "Fuck Adobe if they really wanted to make integrated software everything would be the same in every program and nothing would not work." Which is of course insane. Do you know how many people would be furious about all their shortcuts changing, or the UX, etc?

I love Resolve for what it does with Color, etc. Will I find its editing to be enjoyable as well? Possibly, if I give it a chance. But Premiere works for a lot of projects and timetables I have. And in a pinch their color workflow is pretty usable. Also, on PC it's pretty darn stable, or at least as much so as almost any other NLE I've used.

And look, I'm not going to change your mind, Gerard. Or anything on this thread (Mostly all Resolve devotees or at least not fans of Adobe at this point either way). I just enjoyed the similarities between this and most new camera announcements on this site.

April 16, 2018 at 2:25PM

Thanks for the article I really liked the way presented on the site. Loveable article. Thanks. https://www.resultsonline.co.in/jee-main-result/

April 17, 2018 at 3:40AM, Edited April 17, 3:40AM