In this episode of our step-by-step podcast on how to get your first feature made, using my Netflix Film 'Amateur' as a case study, we explore the final release of the film.
Click the play button on the Soundcloud player above to listen, or listen to our other deep-dive episodes of The First Feature.
In Episode 9 we cover:
- Everything about what it was like to release a Netflix Original Film worldwide
- Using Google Alerts and Talkwalker Alerts to monitor what people are saying about your film
- Hiring a Producer of Marketing and Distribution or social media assistant
- Using Film Sprout or Tugg to release your film in a variety of theatrical settings (explored by our own Oakley Anderson-Moore and Christopher Boone)
- Utilizing resources like The Film Collaborative, Selling Your Film Without Selling Your Soul, Think Outside the Box Office, Sundance Creative Distribution Initiative, Quiver Digital, and Distribber for finding more information on distribution and marketing and possible outlets
... and more.