In this episode of our step-by-step podcast on how to get your first feature made, using my Netflix Film Amateur as a case study, we answer questions from listeners. This is the final episode!
Click the play button on the Soundcloud player above to listen, or listen to our other deep-dive episodes of The First Feature.
In Episode 10 we mention:
- Mark Duplass' SXSW 2015 Keynote speech: "the cavalry is not coming"
- Throwing an investor "party" to help raise financing for a film (in lieu of, or in addition to crowfunding — also check out Slated)
- Hours Don't Lie: Why Tracking Time = Getting Things Done (and Why to Live Abroad)
- How to get crew members for low day rates, by bumping them up a level of responsibility
- Using email tracking software like Mixmax, Boomerang, Streak to see whether producers received your script
... and more.
Find me on twitter @ryanbkoo. Thanks for listening!