In this episode of our step-by-step podcast on how to get your first feature made, using my Netflix Film Amateur as a case study, we dive into the production stage of filmmaking.
Click the play button on the Soundcloud player above to listen, or listen to our other deep-dive episodes of The First Feature.
In Episode 7 we cover:
- Why to schedule some of your simpler scenes on day one
- Scheduling using a simple rule of thumb: one camera setup is 20 minutes
- What's in a Call Sheet
- Lighting for 360 with the aid of small Quasar lights and Philips Hue Wi-Fi bulbs
- Directing actors: giving them history, motivations, and objectives; making physical adjustments and giving notes privately
- Doing a "series" without calling cut and just going back to one
- Maintaining crew morale and taking care of yourself