Jon Fusco, Erik Luers, and yours truly, Liz Nord discuss two of the most important industry events that you might never have heard of, Cinemacon and the Newfronts, along with mayhem at Moviepass. We also say a sad goodbye to photojournalist Shah Marai, who was killed in a bombing in Afghanistan this week.
Charles Haine joins us for gear news, including a potentially exciting partnership between RED and Facebook.Charles and Jon also answer an Ask No Film School question about the right audio gear for recording podcasts.
As always, the show also brings news you can use about gear, upcoming grant and festival deadlines, this week’s indie film releases, industry wisdom, and other notable things you might have missed while you were busy making films.
Listen to the episode by streaming or downloading from the embedded player above, or find on iTunes here.
Show Links & Mentions
No Film School articles
- Kent Jones on 'Surprising Himself' with Tribeca-Winning, Scorsese-Produced 'Diane'
- Richard Linklater on Why 'Last Flag Flying' is a Road Movie, Not a War Movie
- How Niche Filmmaking Can Move Your Career Ahead
- New Wave Crash Course: Agnès Varda’s Personal Film School
- No Film School's Top Indie Films of 201
- RED Partners with Facebook on VR
- Match the Light of Photographs with the Rosco Mix
- Demo: Create Matches of Your Favorite Shots with Image 2 LUT
Upcoming Deadlines: Grants & Opportunities
Upcoming Deadlines: Festivals
- Faces Places - May 5
This episode of The First Feature is sponsored by Musicbed. Get 20% off your next on-site license with coupon code "IndieFilmWeekly20."
This episode of Indie Film Weekly was produced and edited by Jon Fusco.