Kinefinity has been on fire with news this year, and now the Mavo LF is out and shooting in the field at Cinegear 2018.
While we were able to see the demo unit of the Kinefinity Mavo LF at NAB this year, it wasn't until Cinegear that we were able to see the unit fired up and ready for action. While the price point hasn't yet been announced, if the original Kinefinity price is any indication, it will come in at a significant discount when compared to the C700FF, Sony VENICE, RED Monstro and other competitors in the big sensor cinema space.
If you don't remember our original announcement, the Mavo LF will feature the traditional 36x24mm sensor side, rather than a wider sensor like we see in the Monstro. It will also have a native ISO of 1600 and an interchangeable lens mount. While Kinefinity has been slow to take off in the North American market, there is clearly a big push coming from the company, and between the announcements in March and a working demo in June, the company is working quickly to capitalize on the publicity.
- 6016x4016 open gate resolution
- CinemaDNG 3:1, 5:1 and 7:1., ProRes 444XQ, 444, 422HQ, LT and Proxy, and KRW KineRaw
- 24mm x 16mm sensor (Super 35mm), 36 x 24mm sensor (LF)
- 2.5" SSD SATA drive recording
- KineMOUNT, with adapters for PL, Canon EF, Nikon F and Sony E Mount
- Base ISO 800 for Mavo, 1600 for Mavo LF