How to Spend Your Camera Budget & Is it Time to Move to L.A.? [PODCAST]
This episode of Indie Film Weekly recommends how to find your perfect camera.
Jon Fusco, Erik Luers, Charles Haine, and yours truly, Liz Nord discuss how the extension of California’s Production Tax Credits is affecting the film and TV business, and the fate of Supersize Me 2 in the wake of director Morgan Spurlock’s sexual assault accusations. We also say a sad goodbye to the journalists killed last week at the Capital Gazette newspaper. In gear news, we geek out about 10Gb ethernet. Charles answers an Ask No Film School question about how to find your perfect camera and the best way to invest your gear budget.
As always, the show also brings news you can use about gear, upcoming grant and festival deadlines, this week’s indie film releases, industry wisdom, and other notable things you might have missed while you were busy making films.
Listen to the episode by streaming or downloading from the embedded player above, or find on iTunes here.
Show Links & Mentions
No Film School articles
- No Business School: How to Save Time and Money on Your Films
- Here's How Two Filmmakers Made a Wildly Independent Western Comedy Shot on 16mm
- 'The Government Lies All the Time': Oliver Stone on 'Snowden'
- Get Your First Feature Financed and Made with This One-of-a-Kind New Festival
- Are Super Affordable Anamorphics Soon to be a Reality?
- You Can Finally Send Your Footage Faster with the Help of Masv.io
- 10 Gig Copper Networking is Finally Cost-Effective
Upcoming Deadlines: Grants & Opportunities
- Studiofest - July 8
- Sony Diverse Directors Program - July 16
- BAFTA Rocliffe Writing For Children Call - July 18
Upcoming Deadlines: Festivals
- The Hot Springs Documentary Film Festival - July 6
- Chicago International Film Festival - July 6
- Atlanta Film Festival - July 12
- Eurotrump - Available now
- Snowden - July 8
- Sorry to Bother You - July 6