Our Top Advice from Three Years of Filmmaker Interviews [PODCAST]
Also in this episode of Indie Film Weekly, Netflix gets its revenge on Cannes.
Jon Fusco, Erik Luers, and yours truly, Liz Nord discuss how Netflix is getting revenge on Cannes during this fall festival season, some big changes to the infamous film critics’ Tomatometer, and Disney finally announcing more solid details about its forthcoming streaming service. Charles Haine joins us for gear news, including two new, indie-friendly drones. Liz also shares the top five pieces of filmmaking advice she’s collected over hundreds of filmmaker interviews at NFS.
As always, the show also brings news you can use about gear, upcoming grant and festival deadlines, this week’s indie film releases, industry wisdom, and other notable things you might have missed while you were busy making films.
Listen to the episode by streaming or downloading from the embedded player above, or find on iTunes here.
Show Links & Mentions
No Film School articles
- 'Pick of the Litter': How to Navigate Festival Deals, or 'The Business Side of Film School'
- 'Searching': How the Sundance Digital Thriller Reinvented Filmmaking on a Computer Screen
- How the Costumes of 'Black Panther' Pulled from Reality to Elevate a Fictional World
- 'Beirut': DP Bjorn Charpentier on Creating the Sundance Spy Thriller's 'Dirty, Dark Look'
- DJI's New Mavic 2 Series Enables Highly Detailed Image Capture from the Air
- Blackmagic Design Releases Footage From Pocket Cinema Camera 4K
- Nikon Z7 & Z6 Mirrorless Cameras Officially Announced
Upcoming Deadlines: Grants & Opportunities
- Center for Asian American Media Open Call - Opens September 1
Upcoming Deadlines: Festivals
- DOCNYC - August 31
- The Cleveland International Film Festival - August 31
- Big Sky Film Festival - September 3
- Beirut - September 4
- Black Panther - September 4