Two of the Year's Biggest Cameras & How to Advertise Your Short Film [PODCAST]
Plus our recap of all things TIFF on this episode of Indie Film Weekly.
In this episode, Jon Fusco and Erik Luers talk TIFF takeaways, a successor to MoviePass that could actually work out and the Emmys' failures to get with the times. Charles Haine joins us for gear news, talking two of the biggest mirrorless cameras to come out this year and an exciting new pair of Cooke lenses. On Ask No Film School - some thoughts on how advertising could end up hurting your short film.
As always, the show also brings news you can use about gear, upcoming grant and festival deadlines, this week’s indie film releases, industry wisdom, and other notable things you might have missed while you were busy making films.
Listen to the episode by streaming or downloading from the embedded player above, or find on iTunes here.
Show Links & Mentions
No Film School articles
- 'Think Slow, Act Fast': Joe Walker on Editing for Steve McQueen and Denis Villeneuve
- Spielberg: Behind the Scenes with the World’s Most Famous Filmmaker
- Download Screenplays for 'Three Billboards', 'The Shape of Water' and More Award Contenders
- 'Never Direct the Actor with More Words than You Can Put On a Stamp': Paprika Steen on Directing for Performance
- How Do You Make a Film with Zero Experience? The First Short: THE GUY [Episode 1]
- Nikon Z7 & Z6 Mirrorless Cameras Officially Announced
- Find out the Details (and Our First Reaction) to the Canon Full Frame Mirrorless EOS R
- Fujifilm Enhances X-T3 Mirrorless with 4K 10-Bit Recording
- Attention Full Frame Fanatics: Cooke Adds New Anamorphic /i Full Frame Plus Series
Upcoming Deadlines: Grants & Opportunities
Upcoming Deadlines: Festivals
- Boulder International Film Festival - September 21
- Newport Beach Film Festival - September 28
- Nashville Film Festival - September 30