AJA's KONA 1 Streamlines Capture and Playback Over 3G-SDI
The KONA 1 offers a cost-effective solution for capture and playback over 3G-SDI, including RS422 for machine control.
AJA's KONA cards support a range of creative software in editorial, color, mastering, HDR, dailies, live streaming, and graphics. Designed for broadcast, post, and ProAV, KONA 1 is a single-channel 3G-SDI 2K/HD 60p I/O card with serial control and reference/LTC. It features standard application plugins and supports capture, monitoring, and playback through Apple, Avid, Adobe, AJA, Telestream, and others. The KONA 1 also has simultaneous monitoring during capture and features full-size SDI ports to support embedded 16-channel SDI audio in/out, Genlock with reference, LTC input, and RS-422.
If you're in need of an HDMI solution, the KONA HDMI is an 8-lane PCIe 2.0 multi-channel HDMI capture card that supports a single channel capture up to 4K/UltraHD 60p or four channels up to 2K/HD 60p.
KONA 1 Features
- Single Channel 3G-SDI Capture or Playback up to 2K/HD 60p
- Full-size 3G-SDI BNC ports
- PCIe 2.0 2-lane
- Available in low profile PCIe 2.0 without external RS422 port (OEM only)
- ANC capture and processing
- 8/10 Bit YCbCr and RGB framebuffer formats
- 16-ch SDI Embedded Audio I/O, 24-bit 48khz
- HD/SD Genlock, Reference Video or LTC Input (selectable)
KONA HDMI Features:
- 4x full size HDMI inputs
- 4-Channels of 2K/HD HDMI Capture
- 1-Channel of 4K/UltraHD up to 60p over HDMI 2.0
- Embedded HDMI audio up to eight channels per input
- Streaming/Switching compatibility with Telestream Wirecast & vMix
- Developer friendly: Use V4L2 or AJA’s own powerful SDK
More of No Film School's coverage from the NAB showroom floor: