Farewell FilmStruck & Is Apple Finally Filmmaker Friendly? [PODCAST]
This episode of Indie Film Weekly will get to the bottom of it.
Jon Fusco, Erik Luers, and Liz Nord are back together again, this time to mourn the loss of yet another brilliant streaming service. But while our home options dwindle, box offices around the country continue to put up big numbers. So much so that Alamo Drafthouse has given its employees half a day off...for a much-needed reason.
Charles Haine joins us for gear news fresh off Apple's big event in Brooklyn where they announced a new MacBook Air and more products designed with the intention of enticing filmmakers. Are they worth the plunge? In Ask No Film School - surefire methods to achieve hard and soft qualities of light.
As always, the show also brings news you can use about gear, upcoming grant and festival deadlines, this week’s indie film releases, industry wisdom, and other notable things you might have missed while you were busy making films.
Listen to the episode by streaming or downloading from the embedded player above, or find on iTunes here.
Show Links & Mentions
No Film School articles
- 'Miseducation of Cameron Post' DP on Respectfully Shooting Lesbian Sex and Why Cooke Panchros Are Great Portrait Lenses
- 'Our New President': Maxim Pozdorovkin on Creating an Entirely Untrue Documentary
- Netflix Swoops in to Finance the Completion of Orson Welles' Final Film
- How the Directors of 'Prospect' Built a Utopia in Pre-Production
- BMCC, Anamorphic, & Kickstarter: How the Beautiful Sci-Fi Short 'Prospect' Was Made
- Documentary Master Frederick Wiseman on How to Find Your Film in the Edit
- Here's Looking at You, FilmStruck: Streaming Service to Shut Down
- Apple Continues Its Wooing of Professionals with New Mac Mini, MacBook, and iPad Pro
- We Review the eMotimo Spectrum ST (and Team Up with Adorama to Offer You an Exclusive Group Buy!)
- Check Out The New DJI Mavic 2 Enterprise
- Blackmagic Adds a "Pro" eGPU
Upcoming Deadlines: Grants & Opportunities
- HotDocs Ted Rogers Fund - November 14
Upcoming Deadlines: Festivals
- Santa Barbara International Film Festival - November 2
- Oxford Film Festival - November 5
- CineQuest Film & VR Festival - November 9
- The Other Side of the Wind - November 2
- Existenz - November 1
- Prospect - November 2