This episode of Indie Film Weekly reveals whether Apple has finally made an upgrade or just another waste of money.
Jon Fusco is back this week with Liz Nord to lead you through the fallout of Withoutabox's shut down and what it could mean for your project. Plus, in what was a busy week on the internet, they discuss new financial opportunities for educational YouTubers and the demise of one of our favorite video platforms.
Charles Haine joins us for gear news, where he reveals his long-awaited opinion on the 2018 MacBook and if its an improved product for the aspiring filmmaker. On Ask No Film School - how do you calculate the amount of data storage you'll need for your film?
As always, the show also brings news you can use about gear, upcoming grant and festival deadlines, this week’s indie film releases, industry wisdom, and other notable things you might have missed while you were busy making films.
Listen to the episode by streaming or downloading from the embedded player above, or find on iTunes here.
Show Links & Mentions
No Film School articles
- Super Deluxe's 'The Passage': Phillip Burgers on Why Dialogue Doesn't Always Matter
- Breaking the Algorithm: How to Make Your Video Stand Out Online [PODCAST]
- Embrace Failure to Find Success: Jon Daly & Gil Ozeri on Becoming Comedy Performer-Writers
- 'Shirkers': How a Filmmaker Reclaimed her Lost Work and Turned It into a Sundance-Winning Doc
- 'Long Day's Journey into Night': Bi Gan on Teaching Yourself to Make a Film
- Review: The 2018 Macbook Pro
- ShareGrid Launches a Buy & Sell Marketplace
- Firmware Updates for GH5 and GH5s Improve Auto-Focus Performance
Upcoming Deadlines: Grants & Opportunities
Upcoming Deadlines: Festivals
- The Phoenix Film Festival - October 26
- Oaxaca Film Festival - October 31
- Riverrun International Film Festival - November 1
- You Were Never Really Here - October 28
- Shirkers - October 26